Operations • Kuching
Position Type: Full-Time Preferred Experience: (min) 3 Years
Exceptional fresh graduates are encouraged to apply.
You will be an integral member and leader of our factory Operations team, responsible for ensuring smooth fulfilment of orders and deliveries for customers across more than 20 countries worldwide. You will be expected to get up to speed with our operational workflow rapidly through a multi-disciplinary training as well as experiencing our ground operations on-the-job. That then positions you to oversee the daily operations, while looking to continually optimize processes and adapt our operational strategy in alignment with business goals.
- Be principally responsible for the performance of our Operations team and relevant vendors across the entire operations cycle; including production planning, logistics, warehousing, inventory management, order fulfilment, and plant maintenance
- Troubleshooting quality issues and optimizing operational performance
- Conducting investigations and managing quality disputes
- Work with the Head of Operations to make critical decisions, drawing data-driven insights from the Operations team’s reports/ findings
- Be a key driver of projects to elevate the Floorbit Customer Experience (e.g. shorter delivery time, quicker resolutions on inbound queries, etc.)
- Work with top management in developing and executing operational plans to meet business objectives (new market entry, cost optimization exercises, product launches, etc.)
- Be the decisive point of escalation for critical customer issues pertaining to the Operations team
- Partner with the Head of Operations to define clear objectives for the Operations team, leading team members to achieve and exceed goals.
- Provide inspired leadership for the Operations team’s performance, managing crucial aspects such as scheduling, coaching, counselling and formal/informal discipline
- Build a high performing Operations team through planning the department’s structure and recruitment strategies such as selecting and training the right candidates
- Be an exceptional communicator on team expectations such as planning, monitoring, appraising and reviewing role contributions to establish a first-class Operations Team
- Promote and preserve a healthy work culture which encourages performance and collaboration - this includes performance evaluations, performance reviews, and recommending rewards/incentives.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant course
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in factory Operations or a relevant position
- Minimum 1- 2 years’ experience in a leadership/managerial role overseeing a small to medium sized team
- This role requires someone who is technically inclined, a fast learner and a good problem solver who is able to think out of the box for solutions, and consistently looks to improve/establish new operational processes.
- Intrapreneurial thinking – take pride in your work, be driven, initiative, result-orientated and versatile to adapt/respond to different types of characters and situations.
- Must be decisive, action-oriented, results-focused and able to work independently as well as in a team to handle diverse situations with the ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Strong proficiency in written and spoken English with excellent email writing and etiquettes.
- Able to communicate effectively on both technical and non-technical topics to customers and team members.
- Open-minded approach, being ready to challenge assumptions in order to improve existing processes
- Foundation in wood-based industry operations
- Good command of spoken Mandarin is a plus (for liaising with Mandarin speaking operational partners and customers)
- Available to work outside of regular hours in accordance with business needs
Working Hours:Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm
- A fast-tracked career. Join the company's core team as Floorbit enters a major growth phase and enjoy that same dynamic growth in your career.
- Excellent employee benefits including health care and leave entitlements so you can work with the best frame of mind.
- A competitive salary package including EPF, SOSCO and EIS contributions, with boundless opportunities for development and growth.
MTLD Lot 838 Block 7 Jalan Demak Laut 5 Demak Laut Industrial Park
93050 Kuching Sarawak
To apply for this position, send your resume (containing your name, email address, phone number, and in PDF or Word Document file format) to firstname.lastname@example.org. All information provided will be kept confidential by Floorbit.