Your Floorbit flooring is designed to deliver years of superior performance, especially when cared for properly.
Cleaning and maintaining your Floorbit flooring is quick and easy. If you take good care of it, your flooring will continue to look great for years to come.
First cleaning. Newly installed Floorbit flooring must be cleaned after the completion of construction work and before first use to remove any dirt or glue residue which has arisen during the installation.
Dry cleaning. For daily cleaning, we recommend you use a soft brush, vacuum cleaner, dry dust mop or microfibre mop.
Wet cleaning. We recommend using a well-wrung-out cloth and lukewarm water. Avoid using too much water.
Remove liquid spills as soon as possible. Coffee, water, soda and tea are easy to remove from your Floorbit flooring. You’ll need a cloth, a paper towel or an absorbent sponge. Use the cloth, towel or sponge to absorb the spilt liquid. Just give it a wipe or two. Coffee and soft drinks can make your floor sticky, so it’s best to clean with a moist floor cloth or mop after absorbing the fluids with your paper towel or sponge. Be sure not to use too much water. Use a damp cloth to blot up spills as soon as they happen. Never allow liquids to stand on your floor.
Doormat. Place a suitable doormat at your entrance(s) to absorb dirt and moisture. Sand and dirt can have the effect of sandpaper and may cause premature wear and tear or scratches. Entry mats will help collect dirt, sand, grit and other substances such as oil, asphalt or driveway sealer that might otherwise be tracked onto your floor.
Felt pads. Place felt pads under the legs of chairs and tables to avoid scratches. Equip other furniture and heavy objects with felt pads for safe moving.
Clear plastic mat. We recommend using clear plastic mats under office chairs with wheels. Another option is to use soft rubber castors on chairs.
Stubborn stains. For stains such as coffee, tea, lemonade, fruit juice or milk, lukewarm water mixed with a conventional household vinegar cleaner, if needed, will be sufficient. Paint, lipstick, ink, tar, etc., can easily be removed using an absorbent cloth and regular household cleaner or stain remover.
Important: Neutralise the affected surface with a cloth wetted with water.
Heavy objects. Built-in kitchens and built-in cupboards should be assembled before flooring installation, and Floorbit flooring should be placed only until under the base. Floorbit flooring is designed for floating installation, allowing it to follow its natural movement pattern. Movement should not be blocked or restricted by heavy objects. In the unlikely event that, after placing heavy furniture, household appliances, and other heavy items, the floor covering bulges, it is recommended that the object be placed elsewhere.
Candle wax and chewing gum. Leave to harden, then gently scrape off.
Pet nails. Keep your pets' nails trimmed to prevent them from scratching your floor.
Usage and safety instructions
• Water spills should be wiped off immediately. The floor has reduced slip resistance when wet (more slippery).
• Do not use steam cleaners on Floorbit floors.
• Do not use highly concentrated soap solutions on the floor.
• Do not use organic detergents because they will leave a thin film of grease on the surface, resulting in visible footprints. Only synthetic detergents are recommended.
• Do not wax, varnish or polish the floor.
• Do not use steel wool, abrasive cleaners, or strong ammoniated or chlorinated-type cleaners on Floorbit flooring.
• Do not use scouring powders, sanitary cleaners, acids or strong solvents because they can cause damage to the flooring surface or furnishings.
• Do not drag furniture over the floor, but lift them.
• Do not use impregnated disposable cloths. These often contain oily products that attract dust and may leave stains on the floor.
• If accidental damage occurs to one of the planks, minor scratches or dents can be repaired using the colour-fill materials found at local home centres. These filler materials will need to be colour-coordinated with your floor. When matched properly, the repaired area is often invisible.
• In case of a leak or a flood causing the flooring to be soaked for a long time (days), the flooring will probably be considered a total loss. Otherwise, for a shorter time of exposure, no visible damage is expected after drying. If the water came under the floor covering, it is necessary to uninstall the planks and let them dry. The subfloor will probably be wet and should be given the time to come to its equilibrium moisture content before reinstallation of the dry planks.
Optimal protection for Floorbit flooring
• In commercial applications where the Floorbit flooring area leads directly outside, an appropriately sized clean-off zone must be built into the floor structure.
• Use the brush attachment when vacuum cleaning. Rotating beater bars must be deactivated or removed.
• Do not use any grinding, scouring or polishing machines, scrubbing brushes, high-pressure cleaners or similar products on
• Full-surface surface sealing is not necessary and must not be carried out.
• Cleaning Floorbit flooring with steam cleaners is not permitted.
• When installing and using Floorbit flooring in hair salons, beauty parlours or similar spaces, please note that the surface areas under and around the stools or similar areas must be covered/equipped with a sufficiently large protective mat. This is because hair dye and other coloured substances used in hair salons, for example, may lead to irreversible discolouring or changes to the floor surface depending on the concentration, ingredients and length of application. Nevertheless, if hair dye, bleaching agents or other colouring substances come into contact with the flooring surface, they must be removed immediately and the affected area neutralised with a damp cloth.
• If you are unsure when using chemicals, hair dyes, or bleaching agents, as well as other colouring substances, a sensitivity test should be performed on a sample board before installation.
Failure to comply with the cleaning and maintenance instructions listed on this page may invalidate all guarantee and warranty claims.
Warranty claim and support
If something goes wrong with your Floorbit flooring, please take photos or a short video of the issue, and contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out what our warranty covers, check out our Warranty page.