Floorbit Limited Warranty
For Floorbit Branded Product Only
FLOORBIT SDN. BHD., Lot 838, Block 7, M.T.L.D, Jalan Demak Laut 5, Demak Laut Industrial Park, 93050 Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia, as the manufacturer of the floorboards, grants the following guarantee in addition to the statutory warranty rights on the floor elements purchased.
The guarantee period for this depends on the respective product category, product series, and the technical properties and intended use of the purchased product. The guarantee period can be found on the Floorbit website. The period for calculating the warranty period begins with the invoice date and the purchase of the product by the warranty claimant. If a guarantee service is provided, the guarantee period is not extended. The provision of a warranty service does not initiate a new warranty period.
Guarantee applies to:
The warranty applies to abrasion damage, stain resistance, colour fastness, and locking system for domestic and light commercial use.
If damage occurs during the guarantee period, the manufacturer grants one of the following services of its choice within the scope of this guarantee:
- Free provision of equivalent floorboards to replace the affected area
- Free repair of damage
Replacement boards will be shipped to the original point of sale.
The guarantee does not include any claims for the assumption of costs for dismantling, assembly, reinstallation, transport, storage, travel/hotel costs, and disposal of the affected area. The buyer bears these costs. This warranty does not cover consequential, unusual, or negligent damage.
If professionally installed by Floorbit authorised installers, we may pay the reasonable labor costs to perform the replacement or repair during the first two years from the date of the original purchase.
If a decor is no longer available from the manufacturer, an equivalent replacement from the current delivery program will be provided.
The guarantee granted is limited to hidden defects. These are defects that were not visible before or during the installation of the floor.
Abrasion within the meaning of this guarantee is defined as complete wear through of the decorative layer over an area of at least 1 cm². In the event of abrasion, signs of abrasion on the element edges are excluded from the guarantee.
With regard to low soiling behavior, Floorbit grants a guarantee in accordance with and within the limits of EN 438-2, provided that product-specific usage and care guidelines are observed. Failure to follow these guidelines will void the warranty. The care guidelines can be viewed at:
We guarantee profile stability, without breaking out of the essential locking elements, with professional installation by Floorbit authorised installers and compliance with our recommended installation instructions.
Extended guarantee conditions for waterproof floors
The extended warranty conditions apply in accordance with EN 13329 for the max. thickness swelling rate for 24 hours when exposed to water, provided that the water is removed within this period of time after occurrence. The guarantee only applies if all installation instructions have been followed and the general guarantee conditions have been met. The extended guarantee for max. thickness swelling rate is valid for 10 years, regardless of the product guarantee.
The waterproof floor resists water when wiping and when water is spilled in the usual amounts in the household. The guarantee does not cover damage caused by water to which cleaning agents or other additives have been added or caused by other liquids. Furthermore, damage caused by the effects of moisture from the subsurface or floor and adjacent components is excluded.
The floor must not be installed in very humid areas, extremely dry areas, or areas with extremely high temperature fluctuations. The guarantee does not apply to events that go beyond normal household use, e.g. standing water, leaks, flooding, structural damage, or exposure to rain or snow with open windows/doors.
Installing in wet areas, such as swimming pools, areas of swimming pools, saunas, rooms with built-in waste water drains, showers, or areas in which a permanently recurring exposure to water is to be expected is not permitted. If there is a large accumulation of water, which also gets under the product, rot and mold cannot be ruled out.
Wetness on the floor must be removed within 24 hours. Expansion joints in damp rooms or in the areas around washing and sinks, washing machines, dishwashers, refrigerators, and freezers must be sealed with elastic, waterproof sanitary silicone by following the installation instructions. Skirting boards, profiles, and door frames must be sealed along the wall and floor.
Cleaning with professional cleaning machines or steam cleaners is not approved.
All installation and cleaning instructions can be found at www.floorbit.com
This guarantee applies to all Floorbit products of quality Grade A that were manufactured after the date of issue of these guarantee conditions. Second choice products, special items, or other floors that have been sold at a discount, as well as differences in colour, gloss, or structure compared to the picture and sample materials are excluded from this guarantee.
The warranty provision applies exclusively to indoor installation and the associated climatic conditions for living and office spaces. In commercially used rooms, the installation must be carried out by Floorbit authorised installers.
The term “residential applications” shall be understood as: the use of the floor covering in a private residence that is used for private purposes only.
The term “commercial applications” shall be understood as: the use of the floor covering in non-residential premises, including but not limited to hotels, offices, and shops. The duration of the commercial warranty is dependent on the flooring concerned and on the purposes it is used for. The water resistance, and click warranty, are limited to the duration of the commercial warranty.
This commercial warranty is valid for indoor commercial applications inside buildings under all of the following conditions:
- Includes but is not limited to hotels, offices, shops, and stores.
- Walk-off mats are required at all entryways.
- Does not apply to areas that have heavy traffic/rolling loads and immediate access to street traffic. A commercial warranty for areas and applications which are not covered by the standard commercial warranty, or a specific project warranty, can simply be requested by contacting Floorbit via email to email@example.com
- All areas must be assessed prior to installation of flooring to determine if other surface measures need to be taken or conditions addressed, including, but not limited to requirements for static control, state health and building codes, slip resistance, high impact traffic, and moisture/water exposure. Other than the specific warranty identified above, Floorbit provides no additional warranties and Floorbit does not warrant that any of the uses identified above are in compliance with any applicable building, health, inspection, and/or other municipal regulation or codes. Floorbit is not responsible for usage that is not in compliance with any regulation or code. Proper assessment of location and usage must be applied. Contact your Floorbit representative for questions on performance in specific locations.
Installation Implies Acceptance
No warranty will be offered for appearance claims once the product is installed. The nominated party (owner, installer, or representative) takes ownership and has final responsibility to ensure that they have received the correct product that was selected.
Disclaimer of Warranty
Warranty claims are excluded for damage caused by:
- Incorrect installation, use, storage, or transport of the floorboards contrary to our recommended installation instructions and failure to use the accessory products approved or recommended by Floorbit. Only underlays that are approved by Floorbit are permitted.
- Improper subfloor/surface preparation.
- Relocation of obviously damaged goods.
- Any modification to the original floorboards.
- Normal wear and tear or minor signs of wear in the form of micro-scratches.
- Abrasion from sharp shoe heels, from moving furniture and/or from unsuitable chair castors, or changes in shine from sand, gravel, scouring agent, or glue.
- Impressions from pointed or sharp-edged objects or furniture feet.
- Falling, household objects if they weigh more than 0.5 kg and the maximum fall height of 0.9 m has been exceeded.
- Improper treatment of the floorboards or as a result of use contrary to the intended use. Accident or abuse (pet damage is considered abuse).
- Impermissible use of abrasives and improper care of the floorboards through the use of unsuitable cleaning agents, scouring agents, soaps, wax, or polishes/oils contrary to the manufacturer's recommendations. Compliance with the cleaning and care instructions is a condition for granting the guarantee. You can get the instructions at our Aftercare Guide (https://www.floorbit.com/pages/aftercare-guide) page.
- Joint openings caused by improper installation, use, or improper care or cleaning.
- Damage as a result of continuous and high temperature exposure to the floorboards.
- Use of force.
- Impact from furniture with wheels, vacuum cleaners or cleaning devices with rotating beating brushes, toys, or other objects.
- Do-it-yourself repair attempts.
- Chemicals, embers, fire, and conflagration.
- Hair dyes, bleaches, and other coloring substances.
- Mixing of different product batches.
Assertion of the warranty claim
In the event of a warranty claim, the customer must present the reasons for the warranty claim with a detailed description of the problems and/or photographs/samples that clearly shows the problem, and the original proof of purchase with the purchase date within 30 days of the occurrence of the defect, in writing, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or to the retailer from whom the floor was purchased, or directly to FLOORBIT SDN. BHD., Lot 838, Block 7, M.T.L.D, Jalan Demak Laut 5, Demak Laut Industrial Park, 93050 Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia, in order to process his warranty claims.
Warranty claims must be made during the applicable warranty period.
The type and quantity of the product must be clearly stated on the original proof of purchase. Warranty service can be rejected without the presentation of the proof of purchase.
Before acknowledging the complaint, Floorbit reserves the right to inspect the floor in question on-site or have it inspected by a third party, to request photos of the floorboards in question and the relevant surrounding situation or to take them ourselves, or to request the customer themselves to check the defect.
The guarantee protection applies within Malaysia.
The guarantee is non-transferrable and is only available to the original purchaser for as long as he owns the planks and only applies to the first installation. The buyer named on the original proof of purchase is deemed to be the first buyer.
All information from samples, brochures, information sheets, advertising, and marketing documents, as well as statements from sales representatives or dealers, are general information and are not binding for Floorbit. Agents and dealers are not authorized to change the guarantee.
Liability for incidental and consequential damages are excluded to the extent permitted by law.
If any provision of this warranty is or becomes invalid, the validity of the remaining provisions shall remain unaffected. Side agreements to this guarantee do not exist and, like all changes, must be in writing to be valid. All ancillary agreements and changes must be signed by an authorized representative of Floorbit.
Malaysian law applies. As far as legally permissible, the place of jurisdiction is: Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia.
Consumer Statutory Rights
This manufacturer's guarantee does not restrict the customer's legal claims for defects against the retailer or manufacturer from the closed purchase contract, which the consumer can claim free of charge.
These statutory warranty claims remain unaffected by this guarantee promise. In this respect, the manufacturer's guarantee expands the legal status of the customer.
If the floorboards are defective, the customer can also contact his dealer within the scope of the statutory warranty, regardless of whether a warranty case exists or whether a warranty claim is made.
Questions? We’re here to help.
For help with technical and warranty questions, call/WhatsApp us at 012-851 1678. Our customer service is available Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Do I have any recourse if I do not agree with the claims findings?
You are welcome to get a second opinion by contracting an independent, certified flooring inspector. If the certified inspector finds a warranty-covered issue with the flooring, please submit a copy of the findings to our claims dept to have your claim reevaluated. If the claim is honored based on this second opinion, you are entitled to reimbursement of the inspection cost.
Kuching, June 2023